Jersey City, NJ
Between 1893 and 1896 in the town of West Orange, Thomas Edison invented the first motion picture camera, marking New Jersey as the birthplace of the film industry. Cinelease Studios – Caven Point has made its own history as the first purpose built studio in the state of New Jersey, and pays homage to the founding father of film with its now iconic mural wall featuring Thomas Edison’s gaze through his first camera design. The mural runs along the length of our 100,000 sq ft studio, bringing productions back into its place of origin. Cinelease Studios – Caven Point is located within 30 miles of the high-demand area of Columbus Circle and the 8-mile SAG zone, easily accessible by taking the PATH train from Manhattan or the Liberty Landing Ferry directly to Liberty State Park. With plenty of housing, dining and entertainment options in the urban/suburban environment, a Herc Entertainment Services branch nearby in Newark, and with support space attached to the Jersey City Cinelease Grip and Lighting warehouse, the stages have proudly hosted New Jersey’s biggest blockbuster productions to date.
- Stages: 67,600 sq. ft. total – (3) Purpose-Built Sound Stages
- Mill/Flex/Support: 33,800 sq. ft.
- Offices: 11,000 sq. ft.
- Stage Height: 40′ to Grid, 10’ x 10’ steel, with catwalks
- Shoot Power: 7,200 Amps of 208/120 3-Phase Shoot Power per stage
- Ancillary Power: (3) 100 Amp/3-phase Meltric outlets per stage
- Mill Power: (1) 100 Amp/3phase Camlock connection
- HVAC: 150 tons of AC available per Stage
- Parking: Over 60 designated parking spaces
- Accessibility/Loading: Interior Elephant Doors, Dock Doors & Rollup Doors
- Security: Gated Perimeter on Property
- Support (off-site): 150 Theodore Conrad (3 min. drive)
15,000 sq. ft. additional Mill/Flex/Support Space
3,750 sq. ft. Office Space
15,000 sq. ft. Cinelease Lighting & Grip On-site
- Other Space Features: Minutes from Manhattan